10 Random Acts of Kindness for January
In an ideal world you’d be kinder to others, more patient and more generous, right? Sadly this isn’t the ideal world – it’s a working long days, barely finding the time to eat properly and look after yourself kind of world.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t do a little random act of kindness every now and then. (I hope.)
Since all of my goals for this year have been about me, I’m going to try and tick off new random acts of kindness every month. They’re inexpensive, super easy and don’t take a lot of effort – perfect for busy yet lazy girls like me.
And the best bit? (Except being a general nicer human who people want to be around.) You’ll feel better.
To help you start the year with that warm, fuzzy, aren’t-I-such-a-good-human feeling, here are 10 easy random acts of kindness.
- Let three people go in front of you on your drive to work.
- Give up your seat on the bus/train/tube – and not just to those who need it.
- Send a thank you note to someone who’s been there for you this year.
- Share the work of an inspiring blogger, writer, artist or other maker on social media – and tell your friends how awesome this person is.
- Buy a book for a friend, just because.
- Donate a bag of clothes to charity. Bonus: you’ll have more wardrobe space and won’t feel bad every time you pick up those two-sizes-too-small jeans.
- Be over generous with your compliments.
- Smile more.
- Draw something silly on a post-it note. Stick it on your colleague’s desk when they’re having the worst day.
- Hold open the door and let others go first.
Easy right? If you’re in the mood for more do-gooding, check out: Tiny Ways to Be Kinder To Yourself All Year Round.