10 Random Acts of Kindness for April
Want to put a spring in your step this spring? Want to feel better and generally be kinder to yourself and those around you?
I hear you. Thankfully it’s easier than you think.
Here are ten more super simple, low-cost and pretty low effort ways to spread a little happiness this April.
- Don’t write that angry review/comment. Let it go.
- Instead, write a positive review / leave good feedback for your favourite small business.
- Buy a homeless person a hot drink instead of pretending you didn’t see them. (It cost me £5 to buy someone a hot chocolate and bite to eat earlier this month, and their gratitude for that small gesture nearly made me cry. It’s humbling to realise how something so little can mean so much to someone else.)
- Send someone your favourite inspiring quote.
- Ask the cashier how their day is going. Be genuinely interested in their response.
- Make an effort not to interrupt people – it’s the worst.
- Offer people gum/mints when you have one. (When others do this to me I’m so grateful!)
- Stop fishing for compliments when you do something nice. You can definitely do the dishes, take the rubbish out or help someone at work without making a big deal about it.
- Give away something for free on freecycle.
- Realise when a friend wants your opinion and when they really just want you to listen to what they’re saying and provide hugs.
(So being ill meant I missed a RAK post for March. I did consider whether to pick this back up considering how lousy I’m feeling at the moment whilst recovering from surgery, but the unwavering generosity and loveliness of my friends/family (and all their continued gifts, cards and well wishes) has inspired me. So thanks guys!)